Required elements to play with Rabbids Tokens
1) A computer running Chrome or Firefox, or a mobile device
- You can grab and access your Rabbids Tokens both on mobile devices and on computers, as long as you have installed a digital wallet on them.
- Mobile wallets like Coinbase Wallet or Trust, Enjin Wallet, support Rabbids Token.
2) A digital wallet
Installing your digital wallet
- To use Rabbids Tokens, you need a digital wallet.
- You’ll need to put money (Eth) in your wallet to make your first nab.
- Note: a digital wallet is like a personal bank account — make sure you don’t forget your password or lose your recovery kit if any.
What is a "wallet address"?
Your public wallet address is a unique identifier for your wallet. It’s like a name. You can share it freely with others, and it’s used to direct assets to your wallet.
3) Ethereum, a digital currency
What’s ether (ETH)? Why do I need it?
- Ether is a digital currency that powers the Ethereum network, which is what Rabbids Tokens are built on. Like any other currency, the value of ether fluctuates with the market.
- You need to convert your currency (e.g. USD, EUR, GBP…) into ether to pay for your purchases on the Ethereum network.
About the Rabbids Tokens
How can I get a Rabbids Token?
There is only one way to get a token! Grab one from the “The Rabbids” section of the site.
How does it work ?
- Choose the Rabbids Token that you want to add to your collection from those available here.
- Grab it from its current owner by clicking on the “Grab it now!” button, pay the amount in ethers (all proceeds go directly to UNICEF, and it pops up in your wallet!
- Surpriiiiiiiise! The Rabbids Token transforms to reveal its new identity… But you keep a trace of the one you nabbed, through the POPO (Proof of Plausible Ownership).
- The POPO is the proof that you had, even for a very brief moment of time, been able to grab a Rabbid. First and foremost it’s the proof of your donation to UNICEF. The POPO cannot be traded or exchanged, it’s link to your wallet for ever.
- Pamper your Rabbids Token while it’s still in your wallet… until it’s nabbed by another collector!! Bwaaaaah??!!!
- Don’t panic: the POPO stays in your wallet forever.
- BONUS FULL-MOON CRAZINESS: Feel like stirring up trouble in the world of Rabbids Tokens? Nab one on the day of a full moon and you’ll be rewarded for your bravery! Our lips are sealed—you’ll have to find out the surprise for yourself!
And remember, you can grab a Rabbids Token whenever you want, and as collectors, you’re the ones who make them transform!
What happens if I grab twice the same Rabbids Token?
- Consider it as a graceful donation to UNICEF!
- You can only have one POPO of each token.
What happens when I grab Rabbids Token at FULL MOON?
Nice try! But you will have to find out by yourself.
How much does it cost to nab a Rabbids Token?
The cost of a Rabbids Token is composed of two elements:
- Its price: between 0.05ETH and 0.15ETH, depending on the stage of evolution of the Rabbids Token you are grabbing.
- A ‘gas’ fee: transactions are secured on the Ethereum blockchain, and it costs a small fee for its miners to process the transaction.
Where does my ethers go when I grab a Rabbids Token?
Your ethers are sent directly to the UNICEF Ethereum wallet at uniceffrance.eth
Where’s my Rabbids? I just grab one but it’s not showing up in my account!
- Take a break as transactions on the blockchain can take a few minutes to process, and then it can take a few more minutes for our website to sync with the blockchain.
- Don’t worry, if the transaction was successful your Rabbids Token belongs to you for a tiny moment, and it will show up. The blockchain doesn’t lie.
- Most certainly, your Rabbids Token can also have been stolen from you but don’t panic: you still have the POPO.
- If you can’t see the Token or its POPO after a few minutes, well... The transaction might have not been successful. The Ethereum blockchain can sometimes be unpredictable... Or you just arrived “too late” and tried to grab a Rabbids from someone who has already lost his... Try again!
Do I get ethers when a Rabbids is nabbed from me? Can I sell a Rabbids Token?
- As a temporary owner of a Rabbids Token, you will never receive any money from the loss of it.
- You cannot sell a Rabbids Token: it is not the logic of the Rabbids Token. The objective of those tokens is to help UNICEF to raise funds in an innovative way. It’s not about selling them.
I can’t access my wallet anymore. Can I recover my POPO?
- Unfortunately, no. If you lose access to your wallet, we can’t recover your Rabbids. It’s not an issue of it being against our will or being too difficult; it’s literally impossible.
- Our smart contracts secure each POPO so that the developers can’t edit, access, or reassign them. This protects your POPO from hackers and anyone else who would steal them. Unfortunately, it also means we can’t simply ‘recover’ a POPO.
Transactions and Technical Questions
What is Etherscan?
Etherscan is a read-only interface for the Ethereum network. It tells you everything that has happened on the blockchain. It helps you verify that transactions were successful and tracks other helpful details about transactions and addresses.
View the Rabbids contract on Etherscan
View the POPO contract on Etherscan
Why did my transaction fail ?
The transaction might have not been successful since the Ethereum blockchain can sometimes be unpredictable, also you can have tried to nab a Rabbid from someone who has already lost his.
My transaction failed but it still charged me gas.
Gas is paid whenever a request is processed on the blockchain. Even if a transaction fails, it still takes computing power to determine whether or not the transaction can succeed. The Ethereum network charges gas for the operations executed up until the transaction fails. These transaction fees are not paid to the Rabbids Token team, but to the Ethereum network and miners.
My transaction timed out.
- When a transaction “times out,” it doesn’t mean the transaction has failed, only that the Ethereum network is very busy. As a result, Rabbids Token won’t update until the transaction is finalized in the network.
- This can occur because of high gas prices or a spike in network congestion.
Tell me more about ‘gas’.
- ‘Gas’ is a shorthand used to describe the cost of powering a transaction or contract in Ethereum, which is the blockchain network that Rabbids Token is built on.
- Because blockchain is decentralized, every transaction is distributed through multiple computers, not a central server. This ensures each token — in this case, each Rabbids Token and POPO — is secure and one-of-a-kind. It also takes a lot of computational power, which is covered by the cost of gas.
- ‘Gas’ is composed of two parts: Gas Price and Gas Limit. Gas Price is what you offer to pay the miners (in a tiny measurement of ether called “gwei”) for each operation to execute the smart contract. Gas Limit is how many operations you let them to do before they run out of gas and drop the transaction.
- 1 gwei = 1/1,000,000,000th of an ether.
Help! My problem wasn’t addressed here.
You can contact us at email@example.com. Please include any relevant information (transaction hashes for instance) so we can do our best effort to help you. Please note that Rabbids Tokens is an experiment from Ubisoft’s Strategic Innovation Lab, aiming at exploring blockchain opportunity for a good cause. Please note that it is not a commercial project, and we might not be very responsive to your requests.